We invite critical engagements, theorizations, ruminations, or performances* (not necessarily musical) on the intersections between sound, music, and bodies from current graduate students in all disciplines. Twenty-minute conference paper presentations (with 10-minute Q and A), or 30-minute performances are welcomed.
Topics include but are by no means limited to:
– Embodied sounding, listening, and musicking practices
– Bodies in performances
– Resonating/ resonant bodies
– Bodies defined, constituted, challenged, articulated, constructed,
or enacted in, by, or through sound
– Gestures and movement in sounding practices
– Embodied musical knowledge and the transmissions thereof
– Bodies healed or destroyed through sound and music
– Any other intersections of sound and body
Submissions for papers or performances, in the form of 300-word abstracts, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 23:59 on January 15th, 2013. Please include in the email a 100-word biography of all presenter(s) and audio/video equipment requests. Decisions will be announced by February 1st, 2013. Further details can be found here.