Composer/Choreographer/Performer Collaborations Conference
of Contemporary Music and Dance 2012
19-20th April, 2012
Chancellors Hall, Senate House, University of London
Conference focus: In order to see and hear divergent views of practitioners and researchers on the topic of music and the moving-thinking body the 2012 Composers/Choreographers/Performers Collaboration Conference will focus on innovative interdisciplinary relationships involved in creating and performing new music and dance/ movement.
Call for papers: In particular we are seeking proposals that adventurously explore the creative interaction of the moving-thinking body and the collaborative process of new sound/music/movement making. Thus we are interested in proposals from music/dance practitioners, researchers, post graduate students and educators from diverse backgrounds who are engaged in this process to share their work and views.
Sub themes include but are not restricted to:
• Embodied music practice and theory
• Creative music/dance collaboration and employability
• Cultural exchange in music/dance making
• Intersection between music/dance/technology/performance
• Musical communication and perception through the moving body
• The learning connections between the moving body and creating and performing music
We are now accepting proposals for lectures, demonstrations, workshops-as-research, performances as well as research papers that address the theme of artistic collaboration in sound/music/dance making with the moving-thinking body in mind.
• Lectures and demonstrations/recitals will be 20 minutes in duration
• Workshops will be 30 minutes in duration
• Performances/Lecture 20 minutes in duration
Please submit proposals of no more than 300 words plus short biographies to Marilyn Wyers [firstname.lastname@example.org].